Mahindra Launches a Game Changing Connected Vehicles Technology Platform – DiGiSENSE
• Is the first Indian OEM to leverage one integrated technology platform for vehicle connectivity across a wide range of mobility products, tractors and businesses
• Smart application to empower Mahindra customers to digitally build knowledge 24x7 about the performance and location of their mobility products and tractors
• First of its kind technology platform which is multi application and multi product enabled
August 26, 2016, Mumbai: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd (M&M Ltd), part of the US$ 17.8 billion Mahindra Group, today announced the launch of Mahindra DiGiSENSE, a revolutionary technology solution that connects Mahindra vehicles, tractors, trucks and construction equipment to the cloud, opening up a whole new dimension to the experience of vehicle ownership.
DiGiSENSE which is digitally enabled sensing, will be available across Mahindra’s breadth of mobility products from commercial and passenger vehicles to tractors and construction equipments. Its launch makes the company the first OEM in India to integrate its product line-up onto a cloud-based technology platform.
DiGiSENSE empowers owners, fleet operators, drivers, dealers and service teams to access vital information about their vehicles, trucks, tractors or construction equipment on a real time basis from the driver’s seat and afar.
DiGiSENSE will empower customers to digitally build knowledge 24X7 about the performance and location of their vehicles. Drivers can contact emergency breakdown services or pull up a route planner at the touch of a button, fleet owners and dealers can track the location of their vehicles in real time, while remote diagnostics and reports allow service teams to monitor the vehicle’s health and productivity parameters, on a real time basis.
Speaking at the launch, Dr. Pawan Goenka, Executive Director, Mahindra & Mahindra said, “Digitization is emerging as a key differentiator for business transformation and connected vehicle technology is one such manifestation. At Mahindra we regularly challenge conventional thinking and create disruptions and the launch of DiGiSENSE 1.0 is one such effort to adopt technology to develop new ecosystems. It is the first of its kind technology platform which is multi application and multi product enabled. From providing real time data, to tracking performance and productivity of the vehicles, DiGiSENSE will enable customers to control their businesses”.
Rajan Wadhera, President and Chief Executive – Truck, Power Train Division and Head – MRV, Mahindra & Mahindra said, “Today technology has become an integral part of our lives and the need to stay connected is a basic necessity for fleet owners to improve productivity and individual owners for personal needs. Connected vehicle technology has been evolving over the past decade to address customer’s needs and the convergence of technological solutions into the mobility space is gaining further relevance. At Mahindra we have always been technological pioneers with several technology firsts to our credit. DiGiSENSE is a modular, scalable, flexible and robust connected vehicle platform that has been conceived and brought to life by Mahindra by bringing together an entire ecosystem of stakeholders. We have built in several features into DiGiSENSE and will further integrate other features in the future versions. We are sure this will revolutionize the way our customers will interact with their Mahindra vehicles and will empower them to maximize their efficiencies and effectiveness”.
DiGiSENSE will initially be available in the Jeeto and Imperio in the small commercial vehicles space; the Arjun Novo in the tractor space; the Mahindra Blazo in the heavy commercial vehicles space; and the Earthmaster in the construction equipment space.
Available as a subscription-based service at an affordable price, DiGiSENSE will eventually be available across the entire line-up of Mahindra’s vehicles.
Salient Features of DiGiSENSE are as follows:
• One Solution with Multitude of Applications: In DiGiSENSE Mahindra has created a unified, cloud-based technology platform for its entire mobility sector. The same platform is customized to suit different applications and different sets of customers,
while providing a seamless and unified Mahindra experience. A customer owning different Mahindra vehicles will still have the same user experience with individual and unique customizations.
• Ecosystem Orchestration: Mahindra will be the first Indian OEM to have created an ecosystem of technology partners like cloud service provider, map provider, telecom network provider, hardware manufacturer and other third parties.
• Keeping Pace with the Times: “DiGiSENSE” is an open-architecture platform that will be upgraded on a periodic basis.
• Seamless Feature Upgrades: Customers will constantly be upgraded to the latest versions of DiGiSENSE over the cloud without ever needing to step into a showroom or dealership, similar to software upgrades on mobile phones.
• Redefining Service Paradigms: With DiGiSENSE, Mahindra will be taking the next step towards redefining service paradigms the digital way. It’s an attempt to get closer to the customer by offering value added services directly, “then & there”, and enhancing the overall customer experience.
Key Features of DiGiSENSE:
• Route planning & Delivery tracking
• Vehicle utilization reports
• Trip optimization
• Alerts & Machine hour operations
• Geo fencing
For more information please visit the DiGiSENSE Website: https://mahindradigisense.com/MnM/
The Mahindra Group focuses on enabling people to rise through solutions that power mobility, drive rural prosperity, enhance urban lifestyles and increase business efficiency.
A USD 17.8 billion multinational group based in Mumbai, India, Mahindra provides employment opportunities to over 200,000 people in over 100 countries. Mahindra operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position in tractors, utility vehicles, information technology, financial services and vacation ownership. In addition, Mahindra enjoys a strong presence in the agribusiness, aerospace, components, consulting services, defence, energy, industrial equipment, logistics, real estate, retail, steel, commercial vehicles and two wheeler industries.
In 2015, Mahindra & Mahindra was recognized as the Best Company for CSR in India in a study by the Economic Times. In 2014, Mahindra featured on the Forbes Global 2000, a comprehensive listing of the world’s largest, most powerful public companies, as measured by revenue, profit, assets and market value. The Mahindra Group also received the Financial Times ‘Boldness in Business’ Award in the ‘Emerging Markets’ category in 2013.
Visit us at www.mahindra.com
Our Social Media Channels:
Twitter - https://twitter.com/MahindraRise
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/MahindraRise
Media contact information:
Vice President (Communications)
Automotive & Farm Equipment Sectors
Office Direct Line – + 91 22 28468510
Office Email Address – [email protected]